Friday, June 5, 2009

This gold and silver I give thee

A lot of things about our wedding have been chosen to be incredibly simple or straightforward. Our wedding rings... well... they definitely fall into that category, too.

I've never been much of a fan of yellow gold jewelry. My parents have white gold rings, which might part of the root from which that opinion grew. And of course, my engagement ring is made of silver, and I am really not into the look of mixed silver and gold jewelry.

We looked a number of places for rings, wanting something that was simple but also beautiful and worthy. We even checked out Amazon.com. No, really, we did. I'm not proud.

Ultimately we did end up ordering our rings from online, on a website called e-WeddingBands.com. Their prices were reasonable, their quality was good, they were recommended by the Better Business Bureau, and their customer service has been excellent, including calling Dave on the phone to double-check his shipping address. We were able to select from a wide variety of widths and sizes in 1/4 increments, which saved us time. Everyone else only did sizes and half-sizes, and Dave needed a 3/4-size. We thought we were going to have to order large and resize.

Anyway, I was really pleased with what we got. The rings are very, very simple. They're white gold. They match each other, they match my engagement ring very nicely, and they match us, I think. Nothing fancy, nothing trendy. Just a solid, simple bit of gold.

Our wedding is in fifteen days. Dave has the rings at home, waiting to be exchanged.

That's a good feeling.

No comments: