Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mornings

I'm madly in love with my husband all the time, but I think the time I feel most in love with him is i the morning before I leave for work. The alarm goes off and one of us hits snooze so that we can have nine minutes of half-asleep snuggling before I have to get up and get ready to go.

Once I've gotten dressed and washed my hair, if I have any time left (and I almost always do), I sit in bed with the laptop and read the news and get my mind in gear for the day. And while I'm doing that, Dave is fast asleep in the bed next to me, but even though he's asleep he'll reach out for me and scoot closer and sigh, and then all I want to do is put the computer away, turn off my phone, crawl back under the covers with him and hug him forever because I love him so much that it almost hurts my heart to feel it.


4 comments:

Eleno said...

I totally agree that mornings are the BEST. Especially when we both have to get up at the same time.

lvs said...

Lovely to see you blogging, and love your post.

Do you mind if I link to you from my blog? pseudoliterati.blogspot.com. I'm back to it after a year of absence... no comments yet, but I'd love it if you'd come read.

-Lindsay S.

Mrs. Scrimp said...

Hey Lindsay! I've been following your blog off and on for years, so I'm excited to see you getting back to it. By all means link me. Take care!

J to the Ill said...

I adore this.