Sunday, May 3, 2009

A few things

So, I've slacked off a little bit with the journal writing. There are a few reasons for this, mainly that I was busy getting wedding invitations addressed and mailed out. There will be a post on that soon, with pictures of them in progress, etcetera.

In the meantime, while I study for finals, I suggest you amuse yourselves with two of my favorite wedding-related humor blogs. I warn you, you may spend a huge number of hours looking at these, aghast.

They make me feel good about myself. I'm not entirely proud of it.

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com
- The most awful cakes you will ever see

http://tackyweddings.com - Like Cake Wrecks, but for all the other awful things that can happen at weddings

Other things coming up:

1. Finals start on Friday. I'm almost done with college!

2. We are now officially able to say that we're getting married next month. Woah.

3. Next time Dave is in Pennsylvania, we're picking up our marriage license. That's right. The wedding is close enough for things like that now. (blog post to follow)

4. We picked out wedding rings (blog post to follow)

5. Meeting this week with the catering people (blog post to follow)

6. Photography - not formally officially decided, but we might be changing photographers. A month and a half before the wedding! Am I crazy? You'll have to wait and judge for yourself.

1 comment:

Eleno said...

We didn't get our license until two days before the wedding! I found out later that even if we somehow couldn't have gotten it till after the wedding, it would have been OK. But it was nice to actually get our best man and matron of honor to sign it since they were both from out of town.