Thursday, May 14, 2009

Home Sweet House

Big news for the soon-to-be-newlyweds!

I am on the phone with my beloved even as we speak, and he is on his way home from signing the lease for our very first apartment.

It's in University Heights, a neighborhood that Dave is very excited to live in. Walking distance (albeit a long walk) from the Cedar Lee theater. An independent movie theater that also serves beer? Um, yes. Props to our new neighborhood. I'm excited to see that over the summer, the Cedar Lee is going to be showing HD films of opera performances from Europe. I can definitely handle that.

Also conveniently close by are our favorite breakfast place, Dave's current place of employment, Little Italy, and a bunch of other pleasant places.

Have I mentioned the hardwood floors, cute residential neighborhood, and (blocked-up, but with a gas hookup) fireplace? No? Well, let me mention those now.

We can take occupancy as soon as the current tenant moves out, which will be June 1 at the latest. Today is a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you!! It looks like a lovely apartment. I love house apartments. They are so much bigger!! Yay for you guys! -- Rainey

Holly said...

Sweet!