Monday, March 9, 2009

Dolled up

I like to say I have at least one bridesmaid for every major epoch of my life. I have my two cousins, who I grew up with--one of whom is my maid of honor, and was the first best friend I ever had. I have my two college roommates. I have Dave's awesome sister. And I have a girl who lives on my hall now and connects to my college v.2.0 endeavor.

They are all great girls, with their own sense of style and their own unique and beautiful appearance. Trying to find something that looks equally good on all of them has been a little bit of a headache, especially because it's taken me a long time to decide what I was even trying to look for.

I originally thought bridesmaids in green with brown cardigans. Now I'm thinking dark brown dresses with cream or gold cardigans. It echoes the brown and khaki of the men's outfits, and the lighter colored cardigan will keep them from blending into the woodwork in the chapel.

Some inspiration:



How. gorgeous. are. those. shoes? I want a pair of them with a desire too intense for words.

1 comment:

Julie said...

ahh!
can i just say i LOVE the theme idea and the colors?
the browns and khakis sound scrumptious.
it will be amazing.
:]